Holiday Season Changes
December 16, 2020
COVID-19 continues to impact our lives. The upcoming holiday season is no exception. In order to continue the hospital’s well thought out and measured efforts to keep our patients, staff, physicians, and environment safe, the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital (PSFDH) will continue to limit what can be brought into the hospital for in-patients during the holiday season.
This holiday season, PSFDH asks that no food or care packages (gifts, treats, or flowers) be delivered for patients. It is essential that areas remain clutter-free to allow for appropriate cleaning.
PSFDH staff may not accept any items, such as gifts, snacks, drinks, shared home-baked treats, or other home baking.
Please know that this is a difficult decision but one that is necessary to ensure the ongoing safety measures put in place for our patients and staff.
As a reminder, here is the list of essential items that are permitted at this time:
- Hearing aids, Hearing Aid Batteries
- Dentures, Denture Adhesive, Denture Cleaner
- Shoes for rehabilitation and Socks
- Clothes on the day of discharge (no earlier)
- Communication devices such as iPad, tablet, laptop, cell phone or similar (items that staff can wipe down) [Don’t forget the charging cord]. PSFDH has WiFi connection for the patients to use.
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shampoo
- Electric Shaver
- Comb or Brush
- Walking Aids
- CPAP Machines
Please note that the items brought to patients must be “wipe-able” to support our stringent infection control practices. This is to keep the patients and the staff safe.
Other holiday suggestions to keep in mind:|
- Virtual visits are encouraged and welcomed. Patients and families can connect online using their personal communication devices (phone, tablet, etc.).
- Anyone (such as a grateful patient or family member) wishing to honour a staff/physician/volunteer/team is encouraged to make a donation to the PSFDH Foundations. Information on how to make a donation can be found at https://psfdh.on.ca/foundations.
- You can aslo send an online greeting to an inpatient this holiday season via the PSFDH website:
- Any commercially prepared and individually wrapped donated food items (from local business) should be coordinated via email@example.com.
Thank you to the community for your patience, understanding and adherence to our guidelines. Please note that our visitor guidelines and practices will continue to be monitored and change as the hospital continues to implement a carefully thought out and planned approach focusing on safety and quality of care.
People are reminded that if you require urgent/emergent care, please go to your nearest Emergency Department or call 911.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!