Cardiac & Respiratory Services
Comprised of Cardiology Techs and Registered Respiratory Therapists, the Cardiopulmonary Department assists the health care team with the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic cardiac and pulmonary disorders.
The following services are available:
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs or EKGs)
- 24 and 48 hour Holter monitoring (portable heart monitors)
- Event recording (portable heart monitors worn for up to 2 weeks)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (for 24 hrs)
- Stress (treadmill) tests
- Pacemaker checks
- Spirometry (basic lung function test), before & after bronchodilator with inhaler instruction if needed
- Complete Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT), including spirometry, lung volumes, and single breath diffusion
- Methacholine challenge testing (asthma provocation)
- Exercise challenge testing (exercise-induced asthma evaluation)
- Arterial blood sampling for blood gas analysis
- Oximetry with exercise
In-patients receive priority access as required. Out-patient tests are by appointment, Monday to Friday.