Collection of Personal Information
Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital collects personal health information about you directly from you or from the person action on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to the Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital and the care that you receive during
those visits. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- treat and care for you
- get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others)
- plan, administer and manage our internal operations
- conduct risk management activities
- conduct quality improvement activities (such as patient satisfaction surveys)
- conduct research
- compile statistics
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements and
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
You may access and correct your personal health records or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contact us (subject to legal exceptions).
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure, and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protect your privacy and only use your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.