We understand that health information about you is personal and must be protected.
For these reasons we will:
- Provide the highest level of confidentiality around the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information;
- Collect only necessary information and use that information solely for the care and treatment you are seeking;
- Disclose only information necessary for the delivery of your care and the management of the health care system. This could include sharing information with your family doctor, a laboratory, another health care provider or your health insurance plan.
This could also mean disclosing information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. Mental Health Act), research requests, patient satisfaction surveys, and teaching or statistical requirements;
- Ask your permission before disclosing any of your information for purposes not related directly to the above. We will also respect your right to withdraw your consent to use your information for purposes not required for legal or regulatory requirements;
- Recognize your right of access to your health information when you request it;
- Be available to respond to your questions or concerns about the way we handle the privacy of your personal health information.
How to Contact Us:
For more information about our privacy protection practices please review our Privacy Commitment and our Frequently Asked Questions. If you require further information or wish to raise a concern you have with our practices, please contact the Privacy Officer at:
Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital
60 Cornelia Street West
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 2H9
Phone: 613-283-2330 x1140